By Raphael Dolin,Henry Masur,Michael S. Saag
- The so much accomplished assurance on hand on AIDS remedy equips you to satisfy any scientific problem.
- Contributions from a wide solid of famous foreign experts positioned international "best practices" at your fingertips.
- Advice from one of the most revered specialists within the box is helping you deal with your sufferers confidently.
- Available with a spouse site permitting you to entry the newest remedy directions yr after year.
By Eric S. Holmboe,Steven James Durning,Richard E. Hawkins
Designed to assist scientific educators implement larger overview tools, instruments, and types directly into education courses, Practical advisor to the assessment of medical Competence, 2d Edition, via Drs. Eric S. Holmboe, Steven J. Durning, and Richard E. Hawkins, is a hands-on, authoritative consultant to outcomes-based evaluation in scientific schooling. nationwide and overseas specialists current an equipped, multifaceted method and a various mixture of equipment to assist you practice potent checks. This completely revised version is a precious source for constructing, imposing, and maintaining powerful platforms for comparing medical competence in clinical institution, residency, and fellowship programs.
- Each bankruptcy presents practical feedback and evaluation models that may be carried out at once into education courses, instruments that may be used to degree scientific functionality, overviews of key academic theories, and strengths and weaknesses of each method.
- Guidelines that practice around the clinical schooling spectrum let you implement the book’s tools in any academic situation.
- New chapters on high quality evaluate of medical reasoning and review of procedural competence, in addition to a brand new bankruptcy on sensible ways to feedback.
- Reorganized for ease of use, with expanded coverage of Milestones/Entrustable specialist checks (EPAs), cognitive evaluation ideas, work-based procedural checks, and frameworks.
- The expert editorial group, well known leaders in assessment, is joined through international chief in clinical schooling and scientific reasoning, Dr. Steven Durning.
By Neil S. Skolnik
This new quantity within the present medical perform™ sequence places crucial evidence-based, nationally famous scientific guidance jointly in a single position. therefore, busy clinicians can visit one resource while, within the care of a sufferer, a query arises that's most sensible replied via an current scientific instruction. The chapters are written through international leaders of their respective fields. This publication has been built with the busy clinician in mind.
By Rodney D. Vanderploeg
This long-awaited, up to date, and enormously improved moment version of the Clinician's consultant to Neuropsychological Assessment, just like the first, specializes in the clinical practice of neuropsychology. Orienting readers to the whole multitude of concerns, it courses them step-by-step via assessment and is helping them keep away from universal misconceptions, blunders, and methodological pitfalls. it's divided into 3 sections: basic components of the overview method; distinct matters, settings, and populations; and new methods and methodologies. The authors, all of whom are actively engaged within the scientific perform of neuropsychological review, in addition to in educating and study, do a great task of integrating the educational and the sensible.
The Clinician's consultant to Neuropsychological evaluation, moment Edition could be welcomed as a textual content for graduate classes but in addition as a useful hands-on guide for interns, postdoctoral fellows, and skilled neuropsychologists alike. No different booklet bargains its mix of breadth throughout batteries and ways, intensity, and practicality.
By M.K. Church,C.F. Robinson
By Giovanni Maciocia
- Comprehensive dialogue of the character of the Shen, Hun, Po, Yi and Zhi in chinese language medicine
- The first specified description of the character and features of the Hun (Ethereal Soul) and the way that pertains to stipulations akin to melancholy, bipolar problems and a focus Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- An whole bankruptcy devoted to the capabilities of acupuncture issues within the remedy of mental-emotional disorders
- Case reports that supply life like insights and knowing to the diversity of diagnostic and remedy offerings the practitioner can make
- Attractive 2-colour web page structure supplies easy accessibility and navigation round the text
By Hamza M Abdulghani,Gominda Ponnamperuma,Zubair Amin
The objective of this booklet is to supply a finished and functional consultant for constructing and enforcing an target dependent medical exam (OSCE) for the scientific educators/health sciences educators/tutors/faculty/clinicians/OSCE planners, who're considering scientific educating and evaluate of scholars, trainees and citizens. The ebook begins with the fundamental theoretical beginning earlier than progressing to the sensible implementation steps. It incorporates a sturdy stability of scientific schooling study and functional tips on how to offer readers a simple to digest, but entire, advisor for the implementation of OSCE as a suitable overview tool.
- The start and Propagation of the OSCE
- The OSCE within the Context of a Holistic Assessment
- Value of the OSCE as an evaluation Tool
- Selecting the talents to be verified in an OSCE via Blueprinting
- Utilizing diversified codecs of OSCE for better Efficiency
- Writing OSCE Stations
- Creating a Scoring Template for Assigning Marks
- Preparing sufferers for the OSCE
- Preparing Simulators for the OSCE
- Preparing the foundation for carrying out an OSCE
- Determining Passes and Fails in an OSCE
- Post-Assessment caliber Assurance
- Feedback, Moderation, and Banking
- Helping Poorly acting scholars in an OSCE
- OSCE as a device for the choice of Applicants
- Frequently requested questions about the OSCE
Readership: scientific Educators, healthiness technology Educators, Clinicians, Tutors, Examiners, OSCE Planners, Trainees to arrange themselves to take OSCE.
- The e-book is written not just to lead educators to improve and behavior OSCEs, but additionally for post–exam evaluate and research of such task to guarantee caliber assessment
- The ebook can also be particular within the presentation of particular issues, reminiscent of OSCE for number of applicants for a particular academic application, caliber coverage, assisting scholars with bad functionality, the place little is written in a ebook or a advisor structure. additionally, should you are looking to have a brief resolution to their queries, a compilation of 'Frequently requested Questions' is gifted on the finish of the book
- The 3 authors of the booklet from 3 various nations and with affiliations to reputed academic institutes global over (not in simple terms of their personal countries), have massive functional adventure in constructing, accomplishing and comparing OSCEs. additionally they have huge overseas adventure in operating as assets individuals for workshops and employees improvement courses on OSCE. All 3 are maintaining levels in clinical schooling in addition to practising physicians, with vast adventure in scientific educating and assessment
By Fernando Lavadenz,Carla Pantanali,Eliana Zeballos
By Vincent Pointillart,Alain Ravaud,Jean Palussiere
By Bonnie Price,Kathleen Maguire