By Philippe Karl
By Staff and Correspondents of Blood-Horse Publications
Second-Chance Horses is an inspiring number of actual tales concerning the outstanding issues ex-racehorses can accomplish when they are re-trained for brand spanking new careers. From serving as fastened police horses to operating in human treatment courses to competing on the Olympic point, those horses are proving there's lots of lifestyles after the song. Second-Chance Horses follows approximately twenty ex-racers, together with 2003 Kentucky Derby winner humorous Cide and the starring horse within the Academy Award-winning movie Seabiscuit, on their trips from the racetrack to new careers and the hindrances they overcame. those tales illustrate the impressive will of ex-racehorses, and the various years of labor and companionship they've got left to offer after their racing careers are over. Contributing authors contain famous racing reporters, award-winning authors, and Blood-Horse guides employees.
By Dave Millwater
By Lauren St John,Eva Riekert
By Douglas Puterbaugh,Lance Wills
By David Wilson
No different equine fast reference comes just about delivering this a lot exact, well timed, and clinically precious diagnostic and healing details. Clinical Veterinary consultant: The Horse is six books in a single -- Diseases and problems, methods and methods, Differential prognosis, Laboratory exams, scientific Algorithms, and a Drug Formulary. Plus, a better half site offers handy, searchable entry to the whole textual content and different precious instruments. protecting hundreds and hundreds of present themes in a concise at-a-glance structure, this authoritative source from David A. Wilson, DVM and a gaggle of revered participants is a must have advisor for the busy equine or mixed-practice practitioner.
- A constant, easy-reference format permits quickly retrieval of sensible, scientific information.
- A wealth of high quality illustrations sincerely demonstrates key techniques and procedures.
- Concise, at-a-glance format bargains six books in a single with those sections:
- Diseases and Disorders presents at-a-glance insurance of approximately 500 universal scientific difficulties, prepared alphabetically for fast entry. each one access provides the subject within the series it follows clinically, together with: background and actual examination findings, diagnostic checking out, therapy (including particular drugs and dosages), analysis, and instructed tracking. References for every subject help the knowledge presented.
- Procedures and Techniques bargains illustrated, step by step directions for figuring out and acting over a hundred vital medical procedures.
- Differential Diagnosis monitors approximately each attainable reason for sixty five assorted scientific disorders.
- Laboratory Tests summarizes crucial details wanted for analyzing one hundred ten laboratory tests.
- Clinical Algorithms offers easy-to-follow, step by step counsel to scientific evaluation and remedy making plans for fifty of the commonest medical conditions/disorders.
- Drug Formulary is a compilation of dosages and different correct info through specialist Nathan Slovis, DVM for one hundred forty five new and present medications.