By Erik Westra
About This Book
- Make use of the geospatial services of QGIS inside your Python programs
- Build entire standalone mapping functions in line with QGIS and Python
- Use QGIS as a Python geospatial improvement environment
Who This publication Is For
If you're an skilled Python developer who desires to create your individual geospatial purposes with minimal fuss, this can be the publication for you. whereas a few familiarity with mapping purposes will be a bonus, no earlier wisdom of geospatial suggestions is needed. whether you could have by no means used QGIS prior to, this e-book will speedy get you as much as speed.
What you are going to Learn
- Use the Python Console to discover and keep watch over QGIS
- Perform geospatial improvement initiatives utilizing the PyQGIS Python library
- Create precious geospatial purposes carried out as QGIS Python plugins
- Use QGIS as a standalone geoprocessing library inside of your Python programs
- Build advanced interactive map-based GUIs inside of your personal Python programs
- Understand how Python scripting can be utilized to customise the QGIS system
- Utilize the genuine power of Python and QGIS to create your personal whole mapping applications
QGIS is among the optimum open resource Geographical info structures. whereas constructing Python geospatial functions should be hard, QGIS simplifies the method by means of combining the mandatory geoprocessing libraries with a cosmopolitan consumer interface, all of which are without delay managed utilizing Python code.
Starting with an creation to QGIS and the way to take advantage of the integrated QGIS Python Console, we are going to train you ways to write down Python code that uses the geospatial features of QGIS. construction in this, you are going to eventually tips on how to create your individual subtle standalone mapping functions equipped on most sensible of QGIS. you are going to how one can use the Python Console as a window into the QGIS programming surroundings, after which use that surroundings to create your individual Python scripts and plugins to customise QGIS. As your wisdom of the PyQGIS library grows, you'll use it to accomplish quite a few real-world geospatial programming initiatives, culminating within the construction of your individual advanced standalone purposes to load, research, and reveal geospatial data.
Read Online or Download Building Mapping Applications with QGIS PDF
Similar application development books
Software program improvement is relocating in the direction of a extra agile and extra versatile technique. It seems that the normal "waterfall" version isn't supportive in an atmosphere the place technical, monetary and strategic constraints are altering virtually on a daily basis. yet what's agility? What are today’s significant methods?
In DetailThis e-book is a step-by-step educational in constructing a real-world program utilizing the incremental and iterative method of software program improvement. You know about agile software program improvement via leaning at the agile nature of the Yii software improvement framework. You contact on every one point of the software program improvement lifecycle by means of construction a venture job administration software from proposal via creation deployment.
In DetailWithout a entire figuring out of deployment situations and steps, it truly is tough to put in and keep Dynamics CRM 2011 inside of advanced IT infrastructures. performed badly, it could actually reason severe destiny upkeep and optimization concerns. management of CRM structures is both complicated and critical; until successfully performed, it might probably create fuss within the procedure and possibly carry down finish consumer pride.
- Backbone.js Cookbook
- Mastering Cross-Platform Development with Xamarin
- Mastering Qt 5
- Yii2 Application Development Cookbook - Third Edition
- Learning Jupyter
Additional resources for Building Mapping Applications with QGIS
Building Mapping Applications with QGIS by Erik Westra